The most genuine way to support healing is through the power of touch. Yoga students often share that a loving assist was just what they needed to have a breakthrough, and assistants share that they receive just as much joy from being of service. If you would like to deepen your own practice and provide loving support to the people around you, the SolAssisting program will teach you how to develop new connections with both yourself and others. As a SolAssistant, you will receive valuable insight into your own practice and learn how to help other yogis feel supported in their practice.
This training is for students and teachers who are interested in providing compassionate, supportive assists in a yoga class and/or are looking to deepen their own practice and connection with the Solfire Yoga community. Yoga experience is helpful but all levels and abilities are welcome. Our method is supportive and loving, and we emphasize keeping students safe and encouraging them, through touch, to find their greatest alignment from within.
You will learn and experience:
- The importance of touch and service (SEVA)
- How to connect with and empower yourself and others
- Basic yoga alignment and unique human differences
- How to give effective hands-on adjustments
- Supportive and directional assists for common yoga postures
- The art of assisting a class: energetic space, teacher cues, entering and exiting an assist
Saturday, February 22nd
Sunday, February 23rd
Saturday, February 29th
Sunday, March 1st
Time: 9:00AM – 4:00PM
Investment: $275 before February 1st; $325 after February 1st